WAY too many times in my career I’ve seen people simply fall into acceptance when it comes to body change and fat loss that can occur after 40.
I have many clients over 40 that accomplish fat loss consistently so trust me it’s possible. Not only that but, some get in the best shape of their lives after 40!
Suddenly how we were eating and exercising (or not) isn’t giving us the desired result.
Instead of resigning to what may feel like inevitable body change, here are 6 things you can do to counter an aging body and metabolism:
- Focus on adding as much muscle to your body as possible. Muscle will keep your metabolism high and you’ll be burning more fat all the time. And ladies, you’re not going to turn into a body builder unless that’s your goal.
- Cut the alcohol. Alcohol does nothing positive for our physiques or energy.
- Eat mostly vegetables, then protein, then good starchy carbs like potatoes.
- Drink a ton of water – aim for a 1/2 your body weight in oz. a day minimum.
- Sleep and take care of yourself. Whether that’s managing stress or ensuring your own health needs are top priority, it’s more important than ever before that you tend to yourself.
- Reduce sugar as much as possible. Sugar is addictive, it feeds disease, and it does NOT keep the fat away – but you probably already knew that.
If you’re struggling with fat loss over 40 and you find it challenging to be consistent or accountable to one or more of the above, let’s talk.
Simply contact us so we can book in a time ASAP.
40 and beyond doesn’t have to mean fat gains, but it is hard to do it alone. I’m here for you and I can’t wait for us to connect!
If you want to read more about how I can help check out my Body Transformation Program.